Saturday 5 July 2008

Dans ma maison il ya - du rose


I'm still in encaustic wax mode but scrimping as usual!! Normally my attempts to save money by using photocopies or poor copy home printed images in my scrapbooking don't work but I still experiment with cheaper options. Rather than use expensive encaustic waxes I had read that crayons can work so I have used these on this maison. ( I used candles the other day- what a mess!!- these definitely do not work and all I had was a greasy mess to clean up!!


Crayons do not give me the lovely texture which can be manipulated as with encaustic waxes but have been used here for the pink background are ok for this type of artwork.


15 comments:

Kaz said...

this is gorgeous, love the image and the shade of pink is striking. lovely work.

vintage wil said...

this is gorgeous !!!
love the image .

almarie said...

whooo! so lovely !

Tova said...

Beautiful house !

Unknown said...

Très très jolie maison, merci beaucoup pour ta participation, je m'arrête un peu plus longtemps pour visiter ton blog.

Anne, Bulles dorées said...

beautiful house !! love the background !

Janny said...

Lovely House!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful pink house!! :0)

~*~Patty S said...

Your background turned out beautifully making for a striking pink house!

Chriss Rollins said...

love the background. good tip on the wax crayons thanx
chriss x

Sandy said...

Oh this is really precious.
Absolutely awesome.

Anonymous said...

Awww this is really sweet and thank you so much for your comment on my blog! :) x

Louve Bleue said...

very lovely house !!

Karen Owen said...

Lovely!

crafty creations said...

beautiful maison - love the image.

Thank you so much for the comments on my blog